Monday 14 November 2016

Why do you scrapbook?

Why do you scrapbook?

For me, it's knowing the story behind the photo.  Who is that, what were they doing, why are they looking to the side?  I've recently been looking through some old photographs of my mother-in-law.  She immigrated to Canada following WWII, travelling from Holland by boat - no transatlantic flights then.

When I'm looking at the photos I'm able to marvel at the images and see history, but I don't know the history - thank goodness I can ask her and chat with her about the pictures.

This is a picture of my father-in-law sitting at a desk writing a letter - that's what I can see from the picture.  What's the rest of the story?

My mother-in-law, Johanna, and my father-in-law Theodorus wrote to each other while he was in Canada and she in Holland.   I would love to see those letters!!!  He is writing to his future wife to tell her about his new life in Canada.

It's important to share your story - print your photos - preserve them!!!  Otherwise, it's just a black and white photo of a man sitting at a desk writing a letter.

Enjoy,

Jennifer







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Hop - March Release Kraftin' Kimmie

        Woohoo!!!  Today we are celebrating all the fabulous new goodies in our March Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' K...