Tuesday 11 October 2016

Watercolour with Atlantic Heart


The sketch for this week at Atlantic Hearts Challenge is right up my alley.  I've said before how I like clean & simple and Michelle has perfected that style with this sketch.

I was asked to create several sympathy cards and found inspiration in a retired stamp set called Beautiful Things.

This set just makes me feel calm and balanced in its' simplicity.

I used the watercolour glacier  paper from Whimsy fundamental paper package, with banners of glacier cardstock, Rustic Home and bronze shimmer trim.

The image is centred on chocolate carstock and popped up with foam tape to give some dimension.

Two brown glitter gems finish off the card.



I stamped the image onto watercolour paper with Memento Grey ink, using watercolour pencil crayons to colour.

I wanted to keep the quiet, calm feeling in this image with the softness of watercolour.

The sentiment So Sorry is also from a retired stamp set called Sincere Expressions.


I hope you'll play along with us at AHSC and add your project by following the link.
http://atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.ca

Enjoy,

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Great watercoloring and such nice soft tones on the image...beautiful and warm card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set and Your card is why, so beautiful! Never thought to stamp in grey though! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Hop - March Release Kraftin' Kimmie

        Woohoo!!!  Today we are celebrating all the fabulous new goodies in our March Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' K...