Monday 8 August 2016

Northern Lights Cards

I love trying new techniques for my paper crafting projects.  Now when I try something it may not be new to the industry, but new to me.  This was the case with the Northern Lights technique.  I stumbled across a few different videos and pinterest projects so I thought it was time to give it a try.

For my "lights" colours I used, canary, pixie, thistle, eggplant, lagoon, pacifica and black.

I decided to sponge the colour on, starting with the lightest colour.  When inking start off the page and swipe the colour onto the cardstock.

It's OK to overlap the colours to get the dimension you like.


The one thing I learned is that no two cards are going to be the same!!  Each one will take on it's own colours.

Once I was happy with the inking of my lights, I inked the bottom with black to create land shadows.

Nature's Wish stamp set was used for both cards for the sentiments and images,  After stamping I went over again with black to blend in.


Final touch, is adding the stars which I did with a gel pen and the new clear Shimmer brush.

So, grab your inks and sponge and get inky!!!

Enjoy,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Wednesday - Safari Fun!

 Good morning Krafty Friends!! Welcome to another Inspirational Wednesday, the day of the week that we provide you with a little extra inspi...