Tuesday 30 August 2016

Flower Power with AHSC

As soon as I saw Michelle's sketch for this week at http://atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.ca my eye was drawn to the flower.


I think this element caught my attention since CTMH has just released an exclusive Cricut cartridge collection, Flower Market.  If you haven't played with this cartridge yet, you don't know what you're missing!!!!

I'm still using paper from my favourite collection, Rustic Home, this time the kraft polka dots and embossed designs.

I love the big tub and thought it would be perfect to hold a big bunch of Sunflowers!!!  The flowers are cut with honey and saffron cardstock with the centres from cocoa.  I also inked the edges to add some dimension.  The leaves are cut with New England Ivy cardstock.

The sentiment "It's your Day" is from a new stamp set - Hooked on You, stamped in chocolate ink.   Inside the card it says "Happy Birthday" also from that set.

I used some retired bling in antique metal to add some heavy weight to the base of the card.

So, let's see your project.  Click on the link above to play along with us.
Enjoy,

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Love the bucket of sunflowers and all the nice layering for dimension...very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! The sunflowers just pop with the basket as the holder. That Rustic Paper collection is also one of my favourites as it is so versatile. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Hop - March Release Kraftin' Kimmie

        Woohoo!!!  Today we are celebrating all the fabulous new goodies in our March Release that are NOW available in the   Kraftin' K...