Sunday 5 June 2016

Congratulations with Heart 2 Heart

This week's theme at Heart 2 Heart is "Congratulations".  For me, it was graduation congratulations.  I am so proud of my eldest son, Matthew as he graduates University of Ottawa (Canada) with his degree in Civil Engineering.  He has worked so hard on his education and I could not be more proud of what this young man has accomplished.

 I, of course had to pull out all the stops on his graduation card.
















Matt's specialty is structural engineering - buildings, bridges, tunnels etc.which I wanted to tie into his card.  The building complex was cut from the Artistry cartridge.  The windows have tiny acetate sheets for glass!!!

I wanted the cool background blueprint paper to show thru so I only backed the roof tops and doors with solid cardstock.    Tiny black sparkles form the door knobs.

The tassels on the graduation cap were made from waxy flax unwound and fringed.  
















Believe it or not the background paper is actually from a retired Halloween themed package - Nevermore.  It worked perfectly!!!

The sentiment inside is stamped in black and from a retired stamp set called A Thing Well Done.

If you're wondering why the building is purple - it is a tie to engineers who for whatever reason paint themselves purple during orientation.






Congratulations Matthew!!!













Enjoy,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Hop the New Release

    WOWZERS! Have you enjoyed all the incredible Krafty Peeks this week?  SO many fabulous creations from the Krafty Team featuring ALL of ...