Monday 28 March 2016

Fathers' Day with Atlantic Hearts

I know I keep saying it, but Michelle has another wonderful sketch for this weeks' challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  I kept my card clean and simple, following her sketch.

I really went far back into the stash for this paper.  I love the masculine feel of the fish which was perfect for this Father's Day card.

To add some interest I distressed all the cocoa cardstock to show the white core.  The "gone fishing"  and Happy Father's Day sentiment were stamped with cocoa ink and I stamped again with fern and sky for the fish, cutting out and popping up with foam tape.  Some retired brown sparkles finish it off.




http://atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.ca/

You can see this weeks' sketch as well as past designs by clicking on the link.







Enjoy,

Jennifer


3 comments:

  1. I am also loving all the AH sketches - they really are terrific! The sentiment on this card is so cute (the underlying meaning) - I love it. You made this look so rustic with the distressing and the choice of paper. Great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT card. I loved this sketch too. The sentiment you used is so much fun! :) Love the shades with which you stamped the greeting, too. Wonderful distressing and overall look! :) WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous masculine card! Those are so difficult, and your colors and distressing just take it to a classy level.

    ReplyDelete

Let Hop the New Release

    WOWZERS! Have you enjoyed all the incredible Krafty Peeks this week?  SO many fabulous creations from the Krafty Team featuring ALL of ...