Sunday 11 November 2012

Cards for Fun

My good intentions to update and revamp my blog have been put on hold.  My scrap space has been packed up into boxes, my storage unit torn apart due to a flooded basement.  Yikes, not what any paper crafter wants to face.  Luckily the water stopped flowing just where my space starts (I think divine intervention was at play) and nothing was damaged.  We will face a bit of a rennovation and rebuild over the next few weeks/months as the basement repairs start. 

My heart goes out to the flood victims of Hurricane Sandy - I cannot imagine what they are going through and in no way does my basement flood compare. 

I have for the time being taken over the sunroom upstairs and for some stress relief spent the day creating yesterday. 

 I recently discovered Pinterest (I know I must be the last person) and really liked a card similar to this one.  I embossed the white heart after I cut out the shape and added clear sparkle bling for the buttons.  The black heart has pearl buttons, and a bow tie from ribbon.  The sentiment is stamped and embossed in silver. 

 I was in a stamp swap a few months ago and this little mouse was one of the images.  I love the shorts!! I am learning to colour with my Copic greys but think he turned out pretty good. 

Inside the sentiment reads, "It's your Birthday - HANG TEN"




I loved the Stella paper package when I first saw it, because of the patterned paper design.  My mom, sisters, and niece are all seamstresses, so I wanted to try to create a card just for them.

The Artiste cartridge makes it so easy, the dress form, dress, and hanger are all cut with the cartridge.  The pin cushion and scissors are from an older stamp set.  The pins on the pin cushion are highlighted with silver glitz glitter to give them a shiny metalic finish. 



My little craft room worked out pretty well  -  Happy creating everyone, no matter where your space is.

Jennifer
                 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Hop the New Release

    WOWZERS! Have you enjoyed all the incredible Krafty Peeks this week?  SO many fabulous creations from the Krafty Team featuring ALL of ...