Monday 21 May 2012

Toronto Maple Leaf

Yes, yes, I'll admit it.  I'm a true blue Toronto Maple Leaf fan!!  I love my team even if they haven't won a Stanley Cup since 1967.  My husband and I try to get to a game each season which isn't always easy.  This year we were so fortunate to be able to attend on Canadian Forces Night.  Wow!!!  This was a spectacular game and I'm not necessarily talking about the score.  The game started with paratroopers from Trenton Air Force Base rappelling down from the rafters - one of them was right in front of me - I was so mesmerized I almost forgot to snap a picture.

Still cleaning out my stash I had some Toronto Maple Leaf paper which I used up.  I matted my photos on outdoor denim and grey flannel.  I have an old stamp set called Goal that I stamped the jersey, sticks, goalie,  and skates and coloured and cut out. 

 I used some star dimension chipboards and covered with the bitty scraps of paper I had left.  I also covered the letters with the camo paper from Victory.  Fun, fun, fun.  Of course, I used foam tape to pop up the stars.  I also used a cranberry decor journaling spot and pewter round durable studs for some bling. 





 I was so moved by the number of members of the Canadian Armed Forces in attendance,  the beautiful videos of our soldiers and their families.  I especially loved the stories of our top commanders of the Armed Forces who missed important events in their children's lives attend with their child.  It was so special to see one of our big tough strong military guys walk out with their  daughter dressed up like Snow White.  The audience had one big "awhhh".
  
Our true stars of the night were the members of the Armed Forces and their family.

Oh and the Leafs lost and the New York Rangers are in the Stanley Cup Playoffs - the life of a Leaf fan!!

Happy creating,


Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Wednesday - Safari Fun!

 Good morning Krafty Friends!! Welcome to another Inspirational Wednesday, the day of the week that we provide you with a little extra inspi...