Monday 9 April 2012

Kick Back & Be Footloose

One of my favourite stamp sets from the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book is Kick Back D1511 - 14 images just right for summer/vacation photos.  Of course, Footloose would be the perfect paper package to create the perfect summer scene.  For the past two summers, I have attended the Close to My Heart convention and this July is no exception.  I'm headed to Dallas, Texas with my yeehaw ready.  Consultants like to "swap" cards with each other at convention, and this is my creation for swap.

  
I love the summer feel of this card - all images are CTMH - the flip flops and sand pail are from one of the first reward sets I received as a new customer from my consultant, now upline.  I stamped each image, cut out, paper pieced the shovel and sun and used the rock & roll stamping technique for the shell.   The flip flops are second generation Lagoon stamping.  The paper is ripped to show the white core to make it look like sand dunes.  I wanted to pack lots of techniques into one card, can you believe this one has four (paper piecing, second generation stamping, rock and roll stamping, paper tearing and patience if you count that as a technique).   I realize all this cutting and paper piecing isn't for everyone, but I just stamp a number of images, and cut them out in front of the TV, then put my cards together in an assembly line.  I can't wait for convention and to share my card with my fellow consultants.

Happy creating everyone.

Jennifer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 2 - Fruity Fun!!!

    Welcome back! Did you enjoy yesterday's Peeks? Well, we are back with MORE fun stuff! Today we are spotlighting a new stamp set fro...