Saturday 10 March 2012

Footloose WOTG

As a Close to My Heart consultant I am offered a one month preview of the Idea Book before it goes live to customers. There are always products and paper packages which are "love at first sight" and others which are a "slow burn to love".

My "love at first sight" paper package was FOOTLOOSE. I fell fast and hard for the beachy theme of this paper, the colours, the design of the paper, the co-ordinating FOOTLOOSE COMPLEMENTS, SEASIDE WOODEN SHAPES, I was smitten.


FOOTLOOSE was perfect for the beachy pictures of my hubby and I on our recent trip to Cuba. Yep I'm holding a gator with a sombrero. What you find on the beach!!!


I used the FOOTLOOSE WOTG as a start point for my pictures. I changed up the location of the photos, and I haven't decided on my title or done my journalling yet, but I like the direction this layout took.


This workshop has tons of little details, like the banner flags using the zip strip, the sanding and distressing used and the great wooden buttons. It also incorporates great stamping techniques to show off the colours of the star and turtle.


For my additional two page layout, I wanted to use the Dimensional Elements FOOTLOOSE COMPLEMENTS. These are great chipboard weight images that just make the layout pop.


FOOTLOOSE travels well from the beautiful beaches of Varadero to the city streets of Havana. This was a beautiful restaurant located in the back courtyard of a private home. We experienced the delights of Cuban hospitality and yummy authentic Cuban food. Our guide and taxi driver accompanied us at lunch as our treat.


A simply fabulous stop on our Havana tour. You might have noticed we are wearing coats and the guide has long pants on - yes it was chilly - a cold front had blown in and boy it was cold. We were trying to be brave tourists wearing shorts but wishing for our long pants and warmer jackets. The vendors in the market were wearing heavy parkas.


Next up I'll show you my "slow burn to love" paper packet. Can you guess which one it might be?

Stay tuned.

Have a great crafty day.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 4 - Hello Little One!

    Good morning and welcome to our FINAL day of  April Krafty Peeks! Today we are previewing our last stamp set that will be releasing TOM...