Wednesday 4 January 2012

A Special Birthday Invite

My mom is celebrating her 80th birthday this February. I asked her if I could make her invitations. I started with three samples for her to choose from. She deliberated and came up with a combination of two of the samples.

This is the front of the card. It follows the Sonoma Workshop on the Go pattern for add-ons. The card is the 6 x 6 Kraft Die cut card. I have fastened with velcro buttons and added cocoa ribbon instead of the stamped strip.

My mom is a quilter so I wanted to add something that showed her personality. This section is a 5 X 5 piece completed with 1" squares. The squares are also cut from the Sonoma paper packet. This is attached to the inside left of the card.











The inside right of the card is the invite information.

The Sonoma Workshop on the Go is only available to the end of January 2012. The Sonoma paper packet has been carried forward to the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book.

I hope you enjoy this invite and I'm off to finish the rest. I not seeing stars, I'm seeing squares!!

Happy creating.

Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. I love your card, and may steal (opps) borrow the idea for my mom's 81st. She quilts also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have express a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorite’s blog site list and will be checking back soon… Happy birthday gif funny

    ReplyDelete

Inspirational Wednesday - Safari Fun!

 Good morning Krafty Friends!! Welcome to another Inspirational Wednesday, the day of the week that we provide you with a little extra inspi...